The Mission Creek Legacy Society
The Mission Creek Legacy Society recognizes donors who have remembered the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History in a will, trust, estate plan, charitable gift annuity, or as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or have purchased a Charitable Gift Annuity from the Museum.
As a member of our Mission Creek Legacy Society, you will receive:
- Lunch and a personalized welcome tour of the Museum or Sea Center with our President & CEO
- An invitation to the Mission Creek Legacy Society dinner
- Presentation of certificate to new members at the Legacy Society dinner
- An invitation to our annual Mission Creek Gala and other special events
- Invitations to lectures, trips, and events to hear from our experts, curators, and scientists
- Free mail subscription to Museum's SBnature Journal
- Recognition in our Annual Report and electronic Donor Wall as a member of the Mission Creek Legacy Society, or you may remain anonymous
Our Legacy Society individuals and couples share and embrace the Museum's history and vision. They are passionate about nature and the importance of leaving a healthy natural world for future generations; they recognize the importance of the scientific research conducted by Museum curators and scientists to advance our understanding of the world in which we live and they believe that the Museum's extensive educational programs are important for lifelong learners and the thousands of young people we serve each year that will produce future generations of scientifically literate citizens.
Most importantly, Mission Creek Legacy Society members have the satisfaction of knowing that they have created a lasting legacy in support of an institution that they respect and love that will continue to provide meaningful benefits to our community and society.
Members of the Mission Creek Legacy Society come from all walks of life, but they have in common the passion, generosity, and vision of the Museum's founders and its supporters over 100 years ago, which has created an institution that is locally loved and nationally and internationally respected.
Becoming a member of the Mission Creek Legacy Society is as easy as making a phone call, sending a note, or sending an email to let us know that you have provided for the Museum in your estate plan. Please contact Philanthropy Officer of Legacy Giving Andrea McFarling at (805) 682-4711 ext. 179 or [email protected] for a no obligation, confidential conversation. Planned Giving Confirmation Forms are also available on the website.
We are very grateful for your thoughtfulness in making a planned gift to the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History.